Sunday, July 12, 2009

First Entry!

How exhilirating... the first entry!

I'm not sure where to begin..
So many things have consumed my mind lately, I figured
a blog is the best way to release all the cooped up thoughts
that have been flooding my brain.

I just got back from Baltimore on a mission trip with my church.
It was extravagantly fantastic, in that we were able to impact people
down there in ways I suppose only God knew was possible.

Although the housing was not luxury.. tiled floors of a church with a
dinky blanket at night to keep warm, I reflect back on it and think to
myself that, if I were given the chance to continue work down in Baltimore
for longer than this past allotted week, I would sleep on that hard floor
every single night if I had to.
Something that happens to me after seemingly each missions trip I go
on is when at the end of the trip I find myself on the free day, unable to
laugh like I usually do, or even talk that much. What I do find myself doing
is having a silent debate with God as to why I should be allowed to have
any sort of fun or freedom when the place I just left is still suppressed by
brokenness and pain? What I've come to realize is that God has blessed me
with a desire to serve the world.. and that it's alright for me to have fun
sometimes and experience things after a time of hard work. I'm assured that
God won't hate me for "resting" on the final day. After all, He did the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment