Saturday, October 24, 2009

home from college

There was one day, somewhat recently, where I had an over-abundant urge to hug my dogs. Really, it was the only thing I wanted to do- just hug my dogs. As weird and childish as it may seem, embracing them makes me feel at home. And when you're away at college, well... you start to miss those small things you took for granted when you lived at home. My divergent longings have not only extended towards wanting to hug my two dogs.. but they have far surpassed that. I've come to a crazy realization of how much I miss being woken up by my dog, Chex in the morning, instead of brandon heath's muffled singing voice from my cell phone. Interestingly enough, I sort of miss Chex's high pitched whining in my ear at 6 in the morning. sort of.
Never before have I been more grateful for my dad's cups of tea. Seriously, Lottie Nelson's caffeine products just haven't been cutting it. It was a glorious morning this past week to have been woken up to a fresh cuppa under my nose, the smell of that perfect cup of tea wafting under my nostrils. The warmth it provided for my chilled body- since I seem to have trouble retaining any sort of body heat (ever).
The family dinners- gathered around our quaint round table. To be together.. there's really nothing better.
Nothing quite like waking up in the morning, jumping out of bed, and having the smell of pumpkin pancakes drift up the stairway from the kitchen.

I love being home.




No comments:

Post a Comment