Tuesday, October 27, 2009

a little zen moment

It's a rainy evening and I take a stroll outside, apathetic to the rain.
Umbrella-less, it doesn't matter. The cool rain is landing on my
face, and actually, it's quite refreshing. Each drop that lands on me is bringing a smile to my face. Perhaps it's the most rejuvenating thing I've felt after a long day of classes and work. Rushing from one thing to the next, there's always been more to do. A break feels nice. Absorbing this rare moment of peace, my mind still continues to work, even though the rest of my body has relaxed. As I'm walking, I am reflecting on some words my professor told my class: "you are all on the horizon of the known". At first, I didn't understand. What's that mean? Thinking about it, I'm advancing towards what I know is out there. Here I am in Grantham, Pennsylvania. I present myself to you as a young college student, avidly seeking to become something great. To better myself by what I learn here and to almost, become a baby again- to absorb everything around me and to learn by what I am shown. I'm on a continuous quest for finding who I am and what I will become- and somehow, that's okay with me. For now, I am squinting my eyes to see what's ahead and even without glasses, at least I can tell it's bright.

No comments:

Post a Comment