Friday, August 7, 2009

Have stress?

Today was wonderful. Until I went to work and was
slammed with amounts of stress that (for me) topped the charts.
To the point where you feel like crawling up in a ball and crying. Maybe I need
to get a hold of my emotions, but I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed
when I got approached by one angry women who wanted me to miraculously solve
a huge issue she was having. I felt as though she was expelling every drop of
anger she was feeling onto me, and I was unable to give her the answer she was
looking for.

Sometimes I feel as though I do the same thing to God. It's like I come running
to him and spew out all my harsh feelings, and expect him to answer me
right away with a solution to my problems. Truth is, it just doesn't work that way.
What would make him wanna help me, when all I'm doing is approaching him with revulsion and impatience? God wants to help me, he wants to help all of us... but we have to go
to him in a different state of mind. Sure we may be angry or stressed over certain things.. and that is to be expected. But if we're looking for an answer, well, I think God asks for us to not worry, because he's got it covered. He wants to talk, in fact, he craves conversation with us. But it's easier to communicate when you're not in a choleric state of mind. God will listen and respond if we abide by what he asks of us. Don't expel hate towards God for your problems. Instead, talk about them with him. He's always there to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment